2) I was told that I didn't fit in with a group of artists because I'm too professional. It was (a) the first time I've been told I was too professional and (b) the first time I've considered being too professional to be an insult!
3) After her bath, when I was combing her hair, I teased my goddaughter, telling her that she was the second most beautiful person in the room after me. She cocked her head on one side, looked at me thoughtfully and said, "well, maybe if you put some makeup on ...".
4) I lost at Monopoly to a real life millionaire with hotels on all the yellows and reds.
5) I went to a birthday party which featured wellington boots ...
6) I flirted with an Italian. In English.
7) I went to Brighton to watch a friend run in the Brighton half marathon, in the pouring, driving, icy rain. My heart goes out to the 8000 pour souls idiots who ran 13 miles in such foul weather.
8) We played a game. Would you rather give up bacon or sausages, meat or cheese, ketchup or brown sauce, cakes or doughnuts? Answers by four people aged 33, 32, 6 and 4 were debated and well presented. Until the six year old floored us with the question; would you rather have no central heating, or an elephant in your house. And no-one had an answer.
9) The oven timer was set so that, when we got home, the house smelled of roast lamb and garlic.
10) I had lots of jobs and errands to do when I got home, but dash, dash, dashed, and got it all done in a little over an hour. If only my life was always so efficient.