Firstly, I would like you to read this article (courtesy of the Beeb). Read it carefully please. There will be questions later.
Sometimes things happen that you wish hadn't. Sometimes things happen which are so mortifying that, whilst your whole being screams out to fix them, reverse them, make them better, the best thing is to keep a low profile.
When The News of the World reported that Max Mosley had been involved in an orgy with prostitutes on a Nazi theme he sued them for breach of privacy. Interestingly, he didn't object to the allegations relating to the orgy, or, indeed, the prostitutes, but to the Nazi references. Heaven forbid!! He said that it had been "particularly bad for his family". Yes. I can imagine that they were sitting around saying, "Dad, you just don't think how embarrassing it is for our friends to be able to see your swastika badge past that hooker's nipples". Prime example - keep your head down, and people will forget about it.
In fact, type the words "News of the World" and "libel" into Google, and there are loads of examples of people who should have kept a low profile. Neil and Christine Hamilton account for only a fraction of these.
Anyway, you've read the article above now? Here are my questions:
1) What noise can be so bad that a postman - a man who spends, say, a minute at each property on the street - has cause for complaint? And why wasn't he on strike that day anyway?
2) How can you fight for you right to a private life, when ALL the neighbourhood knows when you're having sex?
3) Is anyone else amused by the idea of THAT couple having animal sex?
4) This "loud noise" which she can't help making. What does it sound like exactly?
5) Disturbing? And for hours at a time? Every night?! What's he doing with that mo?
6) Should Rachel O'Connor be given ear-muffs by the State?
7) There have been an abatement notice, an Asbo, and THREE breaches thereof. Can you not show ANY restraint, people?!
And finally ...
8) WHY APPEAL THE CASE, ALLOWING A RECORDING OF YOU HAVING SEX TO BE PLAYED INTO A COURT ROOM, AND THE HIGHLIGHTS BE WRITTEN ABOUT ON THE BBC WEBSITE?!
Conversations with a self
36 minutes ago